The new updates in Magento 2.4.2 release notes focus not only on security enhancements and performance but also on platform improvements. The latest version can now help in establishing a balance between the development process and building a user-friendly platform. With these latest updates, the store owners can now offer an enhanced shopping experience to their customers.
What to expect from Magento 2.4.2 updates?
The new version focuses on security enhancements and performance, which in turn helps in strengthening the development platform. The pandemic has given a boost to online shopping, and Magento’s latest updates are aimed at helping ecommerce businesses handle this increased traffic. By upgrading to the latest version, Magento developers can now help sellers reap the benefits of new opportunities in the online business.
Highlights of Magento 2.4.2 release notes
- SameSite attributes support for cookies
- Support for Redis 6.x and Elasticsearch 7.9x
- Improved PWA studio
- Provision for using web-optimised images in content
- Includes Adobe Stock Integration version 2.1.1
- Improvements in Amazon S3
- Over 35 security patches to close remote code execution (RCE) and Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
- Core Content Security Policy (CSP) issues resolved
- Preventive measures to avoid malicious code uploading in the file system across Magento components
- SameSite attributes support for all core cookies.
- Improved admin response time deployments for big catalogs
- Natively supports catalogs up to 20 times larger than previous versions
- Code improvements for boosting API performance
- Compatible with Varnish 6.4
- Supports Elasticsearch 7.9x
- Compatible with Composer 2.x
- Supports Redix 6.x
- Content Management System
- Customer Account
- Import and Export
- Cart and one-step checkout
- Staging and Preview
- Grants catalogue permissions
- Updates supporting remote purchasing assistance
- Localization support
- Enhancement in product data retrieval for configurable products with many variants
- Localization and internationalization
- Improved extensibility
- Multiple languages support
- Multiple store support
- Availability of My Account for Venia
- Multiple payments support
- Improved client-side performance with Google lighthouse
- Provision to limit administrator access with New Role Resources for media gallery
- Merchants can control the following actions
- Upload assets
- Insert media assets into content
- Edit asset details
- Manage folder structure
- Delete assets from gallery
- Utilize web-optimized images in the content
Purchase Approval Workflow
One of the key highlights of this Magento release, this feature enables B2B sites to customize the approval process with a simple form.
Amazon Web Service S3 support enhancements
- Improved Amazon Simple Storage Service to support
- Media files storage
- Object storage and future extensibility
- Support for AWS S3 in all modules like Page Builder, B2B, and Adobe Stock Integration
- Improved Page Builder CSS customization and Page Builder content migration.
Also, Magento 2.4.2 fixed issues related to payments using Apple Pay, advanced reporting, multi-site currency deployments, price sorting for out-of-stock bundled products, etc.
Now that you understand the highlights and upgrades of the Magento 2.4.2 release, what are you waiting for? Get help from certified Magento developers to upgrade your store to the latest Magento 2 version.
Do you have any further queries regarding the Magento 2.4.2 release? If yes, let us know in the comments section. We are happy to help.