When implemented effectively, digital marketing can sell almost anything. So, why not use some of those proven digital marketing strategies for online courses to increase your subscriptions! Confused? We’ll tell you how to go about it..
The day is finally here! You’ve finished developing your online course. It took several weeks, or maybe even months to design it – but that’s okay! After many long days and nights of working hard creating, recording and editing the content, you finally have the fruits of your labor. But there’s just one problem – nobody knows about your course. And this is where digital marketing becomes relevant.
Unlike a movie, where the philosophy of ‘build it and they will come’ approach almost always works, things are a little different in the real world. You need to hustle to promote your course and increase your online course subscription.
If you forgot to create a digital marketing strategy for your course, don’t worry. We have got you covered. In this article, we will walk you through the best practices of online marketing to increase your course subscriptions. To find out more, keep reading.
Let’s dive in.
Top digital marketing strategies to increase online course subscription
1. Content-specific digital marketing strategies for online courses
Each day millions of content pieces are added to the web. Therefore, standing out and building a group of followers around your content can be pretty challenging. Therefore, before developing SEO optimized content, you have to clearly assess and understand who it is you are trying to attract and what actions you want them to take. Here are a few content marketing strategies to promote your online course:
- Develop online learner personas for education content marketing.
- Create different contents suitable for posting such as blogs, podcasts, infographics etc.
- Research online learning based SEO keywords.
- Offer resources that are related to your organization’s online learning platform.
- Create a content sharing strategy to amplify your reach.
- Add virtual events to your content/digital marketing strategy.
2. Social media marketing
According to recent studies, social learning approaches have a 75:1 ROI ratio when compared to the traditional formal web-based training involving SEM strategies. It is an excellent platform to promote your online course, connect immediately with your learners and maintain a mutual relationship with them. Furthermore, you can use various online marketing tools to ease your social media campaigns and other digital marketing strategies.
Here are some effective social media marketing techniques to drive quality traffic to your respective online course:
- Define the USP and personas of your online course
- Showcase your courses through videos
- Go live on social media platforms (like Facebook)
- Share resources like reading materials, quizzes, and others (this enhances your SEO as well)
- Post stories related to online learning
3. Engage in online communities
Actively participate in online communities or create one through a group or page on different social media platforms and keep your learners engaged. This is another way to enhance your digital marketing.
Encourage your learners to like, comment, or share your content and interact with each other. Also, you can interact in other subject-related communities or forums to contact other potential learners. Here are some social media platforms that you can use for your digital marketing:
- Facebook – perfect place to build a community, create a group and give an update about your course. Also, you can create a poll, add a questionnaire, announce events, and much more.
- Instagram – the platform offers a high audience engagement rate. You can create stories and posts, expand your reach, connect with bloggers, go live and launch ad campaigns. The platform also offers the option of switching your profile to a business profile.
- Pinterest – it is a visual social media platform. Perfect for improving your digital marketing, you can use Pinterest to post and share images, videos, and infographics. You can create an infographic that is related to your topic, and add a course link to the post to get traffic.
Now that you are armed with these amazing digital marketing ideas to market your course, it is time to implement what you have learned. However, remember that it takes time to implement and test each of these tactics listed above. Make sure that you measure the results of each of these strategies before implementing more. This way, you can figure out which ones work best for your topic and your audience. You can then double down on those to enhance your SEO.
Of course, taking care of your core business processes and digital marketing activities simultaneously might disrupt your focus. To avoid this, we suggest you rely on an expert web development company with rich expertise in e-learning online marketing solutions.