Wondering how to make your WordPress stand out amidst the sea of competition? Well, start from the basics. Choose the right content layout for your site. How? Let us help you.
To achieve success in the digital market, it is essential to focus on multiple things like content, design, and SEO. The most important thing is to ensure a balance between all these factors to create a stunning final product – one that is both appealing and informational. The perfect site will engage visitors for long intervals and consequently improve the conversion rate easily.
The ideal way to go about building your dream WordPress website blog that matches your expectations and requirements is to hire an expert team of WordPress developers. However, before approaching a team, there are certain questions you need to ask yourself, like:
- Will your blog have in-depth content?
- What are the sizes of the featured images?
- Are you planning to add content frequently on the site?
- Is it an eCommerce platform?
These factors can really affect the overall appeal and usability of the website. That is why your content layout is the deciding point that will attract readers. Try to make it clear, easily understandable, and to-the-point. The two major points to remember while deciding the layout are:
- Readability: The font and colour combination should be aptly arranged to display the content clearly. Make sure that they do not blur or make it hard to read.
- Easy Access: Make your website layout responsive to different devices. Also, the clickable elements should be easily available to the visitors.
Popular content layout options for you to choose from
Grid Content Layout
In this format, the blogs will be displayed side-by-side, and it will also include some featured images inside the grid. It includes a card-based design wherein every card has a post title, an excerpt of the blog, and featured images. It is a popular choice for WordPress website blogs because:
- As the posts will be added in multiple rows and columns, you can use the space to display more content.
- With the help of a team of expert WordPress developers, you can add custom backgrounds with unique colours and shadows in this design.
- In this style, you will have to handle horizontal blog spots, which can make it a little complicated.
- Make sure that you do not clutter the display since it might increase bounce rates when users face difficulty navigating the website and accessing the posts.
List Content Layout
It is a straightforward design template that is sometimes used for WordPress website blogs. It has images, titles, and an excerpt about each blog. Some highlights of this layout are:
- It is more mobile-friendly as people generally prefer vertical navigation on their smartphones.
- Increases readability and provides simpler navigation to readers in the content layout ensuring that they scan through the content faster.
- It comes with the flexibility to adjust the width of the list, which improves the readability across devices.
- It is one of the easiest and simplest choices for your site if you are a beginner. You can also hire WordPress developers to customize it to make it more stylish.
Full Page Content Layout
In this style, the blog posts will be displayed on the entire page of the site. It includes larger featured texts and images, which improves the readability of your WordPress website blogs. Highlights of this style are:
- Easy and clear navigation on the site
- Flexibility to add fancy styles in the text
- Featured images can be more engaging on a large scale
- An ideal choice for travel and personal blogs.
Masonry Content Layout
This unique layout adds grid boxes with different sizes in the same layout. It gives a better chance to attract an audience since it provides a more convenient method to show the content on your WordPress website blogs. Some highlights of this style are:
- Enables the users to highlight the posts that might have a better chance of gaining user attention.
- Visual is in a compelling format, and users have the freedom to use high-quality featured images to grab readers’ attention.
- However, this content layout does not allow excerpts from the blog to be highlighted. This means you need to make strong titles and images that are convincing to the audience.
Tips to select the perfect layout for your blog posts:
- WordPress offers both free and paid themes designed by experts. Figure out whether you want to spend money on that. This decision will help you in adjusting the website’s budget, and you can easily begin with the free version and later move on to premium, as per requirements.
- Be clear with the objective of your blog as it will make a huge impact on the content layout of your site.
- Make a list of the features that you need from the layout. This will easily narrow down your options.
- Make sure that you do not make the layout too loud or cluttered with tons of animations, features, fancy texts or colours. Make the design as simple as possible as it increases accessibility and provides ease of navigation.
- The layout you choose for your WordPress website blog must be adjustable to different screen sizes on different devices to make it user-friendly. It is also essential to match the expectation of search engines and gain higher rankings.
We hope this article helps you in looking out for all the essential segments required to make the final decision about the content layout of your website. Make sure that whatever be your choice, the final page should be engaging, updated, and interactive in order to increase the chances of gaining potential readers. If you need further help setting up your WordPress blog, take the help of expert WordPress Developers who have years of experience in launching highly functional custom websites.